Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in Bloggyland! I hope that you are all able to spend time with loved ones, that your travels are safe and speedy, and that you have some time to reflect on the blessings in your life.
What am I thankful for this year?
The serious...
* Cody ... I can never put into good enough words to express how grateful I am that we found each other. We both were at the back end of long and wrong relationships, and we very easily could have decided to go on radically different paths. But instead we decided to listen to our hearts and give getting to know one another a go. I'm so happy we did. Duh.
* My family, of course. It's been a hard year, to say the least. I'm not sure how to say this, but I feel that we all learned life on this Earth is short and that it's time to put our differences and hard feelings aside and come together. Babies, and weddings, and now the holidays will hopefully continue to bring us all closer.
* Apart from my family, my parents. Especially my parents. For reasons unnumbered, I can never express my gratitude enough for all they've done for me.
* Epic Church. Without my church family, where would I be? What would my outlook on life be without them? How would I have gotten through this year without their support, advice, and friendship? I don't think I would have made it in one piece. I think a lot of folks are thankful for them this year, and I'm so happy to be among them.
* My dear friends, near and far. I am thankful for those that make the effort to keep in touch by phone and Facebook. I am still in awe of how many of them came by planes, trains and automobiles to attend the wedding. These girls (and guys!) are simply wonderful. I hope I am there for them just like they are there for me.
* My country, the good ole USA.
* Our men and women in uniform, so bravely serving at home and abroad. I can never thank them enough for the sacrifice they've made.
* A home with all the amenties I could wish for. I sleep in a warm bed. I have running water. HOT water. My fancy thermostat can adjust the temp in my apartment to whatever I want. Lights turn on. Laundry is washed and dried. The pantry is stocked with healthy and tasty food. I have a comfy couch to sit on while I watch television. What more can anyone ask for?
* My job. It might not be the one I always dreamed of, but I am thankful to be employed with a 40 hour a week job that results in a weekly paycheck. Oh yeah and benefits. Benefits rock. Go health insurance! Hopefully next year I can add that I'm thankful for all of my friends and family having health insurance that they can afford and utilize.
...and the not so serious...
* My anifamily! Ok that's dorky. But whatever, this is my space and I can say what I want. I love my cats and of course Patrick Swayze 2.0. I can have just a terrible, rotten day, but when I come home to 4 balls of fur just dying for a cuddle, it puts a smile on my face!
* Holiday Lattes from Starbucks. So good, so so sooooo good... (but expensive!)
* Beautiful printed scarves that keep me warm yet fashionable (in my humble opinion) in the chilly fall weather.
* My iPhone. Music, games, scheduling, email, web - all in one! I'd be more thankful if I got service but whatever. Let's not be picky. Who wants a phone that can make phone calls anyway?
* My glasses, because you're never thankful until you lose them for 2 weeks.
What are you thankful for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment